Thursday, November 29, 2007

flashback











5th GRADE

we had this student teacher - for a few weeks
I don't remember her name.. I do remember I hated her


anyway
one day she goes over to the maps
you know.. the ones that were over the chalk boards

she goes to pull down a map - she does it with a vengeance..
the thing falls off the wall and smashes her right in the face

she was all over dramatic and was keeled over on the floor - holding her face

she was fine...

next day

she asks if anyone had any questions about the assignment

I raise my hand
(which was unusual, because I was a really quiet/shy kid... no really! I was!)

and say in a sarcastic, yet humorous tone...
"Can you pull the map down again
so we can watch it hit you in the face?"


she didn't laugh

she gave me that silent -mean - teacher - stare - you know the one I'm talking about
and then said "that wasn't very nice."
then stared at me again for a few seconds

I guess she was looking for the "Apology"
Pfffft yeah right

a few kids laughed - it was worth it

the end




*this has been another fascinating post from casual slack

8 comments:

Some Guy said...

I would've laughed back then. Probably as loud as I did just now.

SkylersDad said...

(standing on my desk) Oh Captain my Captain!!

Moderator said...

My inner fifth grader applauds your inner fifth grader.

M@ said...

I wish I could go back and get the best of this smartass teacher-nun I had in 7th grade. She'd always resent that the class laughed at my jokes but hated her... so she'd try to get me to deconstruct the humor, as if she didn't understand it.

What a bitch.

M@ said...

and who ever heard of a 25 year-old nun anyway. Loser.

Anonymous said...

We had a student teacher in art in high school that drove his girl friend's Trans AM to school one day and didn't know he had to get reverse to get the key out of the ignition. He had kids go out and sit-drive the thing until some one figured it out! He was cool!

mixednut said...

Now that was funny.
Especially the "quiet/shy kid" part.
You?

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a BITCH!!!!!!!!!