Tuesday, July 08, 2008

at last


I wanted to post this last week
but as you all know - I've been a bit under the weather



June 27th, 2008
at approximately 5:45 eastern standard time
my husband presented me with a package
wrapped in red and gold metallic paper


A gift?
For ME?
but.. I didn't get you anything...

He responds: "Just open it"

But what is it?
Why did you get me something?
We don't do the anniversary gift thing..

He responds: "Just open it"


- I proceeded to unwrap -



and then I see it


It was the gift I have been waiting for
for over 25 years


The gift I wanted as a kid
but never got


you know the gift In which I speak of



yeah, that's right...

It's a snoopy fan-fucking-tastic
snocone machine!

I felt like running up the mountain side
and holding it above my head to show the village below
like that scene in the lion king

it's just as beautiful as I had envisioned it
in all it's plastic glory

I'm buying a shelf for it..
and maybe one of those spot light things...

on a side note
the following day I went to see my mom
she presented me with a package..
yeah.. she bought me a snoopy sno-cone machine too
What are the odds? I wait 25 years - then get two in the same god damn week


So, some of you are probably thinking - if you wanted one so bad
why didn't you just buy one yourself?
Answer: It's not the point..

the end



20 comments:

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

Me and my sister had one just like it. watch the handle. it keeps coming off. ill take a grape snow cone please.

Annie said...

WOW.
I mean WOW.
No really, WOW.

That's all I can say. WOW.

Teri said...

I was gonna buy you one of these for Christmas, seriously! I figured it would make your day.

Yeah, what are the odds of two in one year. Weird! It's probably from all the bitchin.....I mean mentioning of the fact.

When do I get a sno cone?

Sincerely Iowa said...

Oh my gosh! I haven't seen one of those in YEARS! Let me know when your sno-cone business is up and running! LOL

Bob said...

I saw them on Amazon about a month ago and almost bought you one.

Dr Zibbs said...

The way you was sqwawkin I thought maybe you got an ice bird: http://thatblueyak.blogspot.com/2007/12/crappy-toy-countdown-to-x-mas-2-ice.html

Jen said...

whoa...

ice bird!!!!

I think I want one now

Teri said...

ha, I remember the ice bird.

Kim said...

you are so stinking funny. i laugh every time I read your blog. eat some snow cones for me.

Jen said...

thanks Kim
=)
I'll save ya
a grape one!!!

SkylersDad said...

Can you put Vodka in a snow cone?

Just Dave said...

Now that is true love. Very romantic, too.

mixednut said...

Suh-weeeeet!

Jim said...

AWESOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanted one too when i was little!

Im coming over...I'll wear an eyepatch!

M@ said...

Wish I still had my Snoopy electric toothbrush.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

One to use and one to display. You'll need the back up, they don't hold together all that well.

Micgar said...

It's not really a Snoopy Fan Fucking Tastic Snocone Machine if you purchase it yourself!

Anonymous said...

I expect to have a snow cone made for me this weekend

anne altman said...

congratulations!