Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Flintstones. Meet the Flintstones.

Recently, it came to my attention that some of my
friends did not know all of the lyrics to the
Flintstones Theme Song (click to hear it)
the lyric in question being "Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet"

so here are the lyrics
for anyone else who may have been baffled all these years

you're welcome.


Flintstones. Meet the Flintstones.
They're the modern stone age family.
From the town of Bedrock,
They're a page right out of history.

Let's ride with the family down the street.
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.

When you're with the Flintstones
you'll have a yabba dabba doo time.
A dabba doo time.
You'll have a gay old time.


11 comments:

Zed said...

I feel as if I can make it through another day just knowing this. Thank you.

Jen said...

I knew you would
feel that way..

you're so welcome

I'm just glad I could help

Zed said...

Thanks Jen.

You know, I'm also not sure if I want to have a "gay old time." Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Teri said...

I always knew the words. This was one of my favorite cartoons.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen. Because I always thought the line went:
"To the courtesy of friends to meet" and it never made sense to me.

Anonymous said...

... although I could have just done an internet search, but I figured you'd eventually post it..

Bob said...

Gee thanks. Now that fucking song is stuck in my head.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many gay old times Fred and Barney did have...

Mel said...

I have that song stuck in my head too! I am glad you posted the words because I got that line and would mumble because I had no clue! Now thanks to Jen I have a clue and will no longer mumble.

I thought there was something about putting the cat out for the night?

Jen said...

I remember the cat part!
I think they played that at the end
of the show

Some day
maybe Fred will win the fight,
then the cat will stay out for the night.

When you're with the Flintstones
have a ya ba da ba doo time,
a daba doo time,
we'll have a gay old time.

We'll have a gay old time.

Lynda said...

You forgot the Yabba Dabba Dooo! at the end of the song.