Monday, June 02, 2008

movie review

Ya know what sucks?
This movie SUCKS
I saw it along time ago and I thought it sucked
then I watched some of it again yesterday..
and yep... it's still fucking sucks

This is one of those movies
people think is a "cinematic science fiction masterpiece"
just because Stanley Kubrick did it
Big fucking deal..
Stanley Kubrick can kiss my ass

it's excruciatingly slow... drawn out scenes that go on forever...
basically - it's an overrated piece of crap

it actually infuriates me to think that
this is considered
one of the greatest science fiction movies ever made!!

and if you dare to say you didn't like it
you're told that you "Just don't get it or you "Missed the point"
or "You can't appreciate the art of the film"

Art? - I have seen more Art in a Calvin & Hobbes comic...

Well I didn't miss anything - I get it - I'm not a moron
- I also get that it fucking sucked

I'd like to buy a copy of this movie
just so I can smash it into a million pieces with a sledge hammer
then pour gasoline all over it and light it on fire
because that would be more enjoyable to me - than watching it again

the end

this has been a casual slack movie review

ps.
The greatest sci-fi movies ever?

ALIEN
&
ALIENS

go ahead argue this with me
bring it on!!!

I double dog dare you


12 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

The Incredible Shrinking Man is one of the greatest SciFi's ever.

2001 is pretty impressive on the big screen. I like it, but I admit it's pretty damn slow and then throw in the WTF ending that is explained better in the book.....yeah, I can see suckage. The greatest SciFi film ever? No.

You think THIS flick sucked....pfft, you aint seen the sequel. They improved on the suck that you saw.

Not in a good way.

You've inspired me to make a list of the WORST SciFi movies!

To the Blog Cave!!

Annie said...

Didn't see it. Now I don't want to either.
No. I am not netflixing it.
Stop bugging me about it.

Just Dave said...

2001=great special effects for the time but I will agree that the storyline was major suckage. Very pretentious. Alien + Aliens=good story, good acting and scared the bejesus out of me.

Faith said...

You know what? I've always felt vaguely heretical for hating that movie. Now I see that I'm not alone, I don't hate it any less, but I don't feel lonely about it. :)

Anonymous said...

You forget that 2001 was a stoner movie. Like Spaceballs.

Anonymous said...

I think it's like the emperor's new clothes, everyone is afraid to say it sucks becuase they don't want to seem uncultured. I agree, it sucked.

Ed & Jeanne said...

You know it lacked a scantily clad hot female...all real science fiction stories have that! Sheez

Micgar said...

Jen-I never saw 2001-ASO. At least I never think I was able to sit through the whole thing! It was boring from what I remember of it.I liked Alien/s, but I also like The Thing (newer one)Apparently not too many people would agree with me on that one.

Special K said...

I remember going to see Alien in the Theater. I had just gotten the best haircut of my Jr. High years and was feeling awesome.....then got the hell scared right out of me.
Good times...

kat said...

Finally someone came out and spoke what was on my mind. That movie sucked big hairy donkey balls.

Jim said...

Whoa. 2001 is fantastic!

I was going to end our friendship and never talk to you again... but then you said ALIEN and ALIENS were the best.

BFFL!!!!!
:)

Lynda said...

I watched 2001. I didn't get it.

I thought I was the only one who thought it sucked. I wish you could see the tears of joy in my eyes right now.