Monday, December 11, 2006

roach update


OKay
I took the roach back
And as expected I was not
compensated for
my grief..



Unfortunately the manager that was working
is really nice.. So I didn't want to yell at her
She is always so nice to me!!

DAMN!!! I WANTED TO BE MEAN!!
I WANTED TO CAUSE A SCENE!!

So I walk in and she's sitting at a table with
two other employees
I tell her I have a complaint
she replies "why?? what's wrong honey??"

And here is the conversation that followed:

Me: You know I come in here all the time
Manager: I know.. I know you do

Me: Holding up the roach container -
"There was a roach with my bagel"

Manager: *GASP* jumps out of her chair
grabs the container

"This is gross"

Me: "Yeah"

Manager: "No.. this is really disgusting"

Me: "Yeah"

Manager: "I am so sorry .. this is gross.. I am so sorry"

Me: "Yep"

Manager: For a while..when you come in it's on me- no charge

Me: thinking to myself... umm no
I don't want anymore roach infested shit..no thanks, I'm all set with that.

Manager:*Now she's in this Panic mode*.. I ... I.. have to go call pest control
I have to call pest control

Me: "I just want my money back - I don't think I'll be back"

Manager: "when you come in it's on me- no charge
I have to go call pest control"

Me: Good luck with that...


Tomorrow.. I am having cereal for breakfast

14 comments:

Teri said...

I would never be able to go there, EVER, again, even for coffee.

YUCK!

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing Jen. You handled it beautifully. Much better than Teri would, I'm sure. Let's just say, I've "heard stories". I can't get further into detail. Sorry.

rumour said...

Yeah roaches are nasty, especially when they drink straight out of the milk carton.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

ah, protein is protein.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I want a bagel.

2 fools said...

Not me... I would have made a scene! I would have stood in the full dining room and held the roach in my outstretched arm whilst turning like disco ball and saying, "THIS! MY FELLOW CAFFEINE HOGS, IS A KA-KA ROACH! YOU KNOW WHERE I FOUND THIS KA-KA ROACH?, YES, THAT'S RIGHT... IN MY BAGEL THAT I BOUGHT RIGHT HERE AT THIS TIM HORTONS..." and I would watch them scatter... like roaches.

AH GOD! MY SKIN IS CRAWLING.

Anonymous said...

See, Jen, THAT'S how you should have handled it. You know what you're problem is? You're too nice, dammit.

Teri said...

yeah, next time you have a problem, let Angela handle it. You'll feel much better afterwards.

Some Guy said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and wager that ALL OF US that eat any sort of processed food ingest ground-up cockroach bits on a daily basis. The fact is, they're tenacious bastards. They find their way into things. Sorry to burst all y'all's bubbles...

Jen said...

I know..
I try not to think about it..

It's just
better when you don't
actually
SEE THEM crawling
on your food.

ignorance is BLISS

Blllleeccchhh

Anonymous said...

That's why we grew our own food at Lotus Point. No roaches there! (Well, the insect variety, anyway)..

Rich said...

Not to make too paranoid, but I occasionally find bugs in cereal too...

seldom alive though.

Lynda said...

Have their corporate office kiss your butt:

http://www.timhortons.com/en/contact.html

The manager obviously wasn't that helpful. I would complain to corporate.

MC said...

I know someone who worked at Timmies... I don't eat at Timmies... there is a good reason for that.