Wednesday, April 25, 2007

a letter to cracker jack

Dear Cracker Jack People..
I recently purchased a bag
of Cracker Jacks.
There were only five peanuts in the bag

five fucking peanuts



This is an outrage...

It says right on the bag..
"Caramel Coated Popcorn AND PEANUTS"
It should read: Caramel Coated Corn and Maybe A Few Peanuts

Are you telling me the FritoLay Corporation
can't afford to put more than five peanuts in??

I blame the person wearing the plastic hair net and goggles
who's job it is to watch the cracker jacks on the conveyor belt
for quality control (Who probably makes way more money than me)
They KNOW there isn't enough peanuts to popcorn ratio
Yet they do nothing.

I also blame "The Man"
Yet another way of screwing the public!

Oh.. and BTW
Like Chris mentioned a while back
YOUR PRIZES SUCK

I mean,
Why even bother? Your prizes insult me.

Good day to you.

11 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I don't believe we have these over here, but I'll keep an eye open for them just in case. If I do find them I'll buy a pack and count the peanuts, just in case it's an American conspiracy.

European law states ten peanuts minimum.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Dude......don't get me started. I haven't purchased a bag in probably 5yrs, same reason, only I had two, TWO peanuts in the bag! The prizes have sucked for decades.

I'm down with the Fiddle Faddle.

Chris Hinrichs said...

I noticed the same thing about the peanuts. What the hell!?

Anonymous said...

We don't have those Cracker Jacks here in the UK although if we did, I'm sure someone from quality control would hack up phlegm all over them and state it was the "prize".

dirty said...

This is an outrage!

Lynda said...

I haven't had cracker jacks in years, but I do remember one of the last times I got them, they had very few peanuts. Like 4 or 5. I think they should market a product with just the peanuts.

And while we are on the subject, how is it that you can get a little box with one prize, but if you buy the huge bag, you also get only one prize. I think there should be at least three or four prizes in a big bag.

Annie said...

That's sad, I used to love them. Try the Poppy stuff.

Moderator said...

My dad invented the Cracker Jack prizes. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I can go on living.

Anonymous said...

Dude. You're seriously telling us you actually bothered to count the number of peanuts?

And of course the prizes suck. They're blatantly not even trying nowadays, with those lame-o paper-foldy things.

Jen said...

it's not like I
was up all night counting
there was only five..