Monday, August 27, 2007

it died

and now
I would like to have a moment of silence

yesterday
I was vacuuming my bedroom
I moved the nightstand and then it happened..

My Sony Dream Machine Alarm Clock
Circa 1989
plummeted 3ft to the ground

I attempted resuscitation -
The radio wouldn't shut off and all it played was a Spanish station
and flashed 12:00


Time of Death 4:15pm

customized with snoopy stickers - a one of a kind timepiece

You served me well. You will be missed.
Farewell old friend.


the replacement.


My husband also has a dream machine
circa 1987
still going strong

Mine would have lasted another 100 years
AT LEAST

if it wasn't for the god damn vacuum




* this has been another fascinating post from casual slack

12 comments:

e.Craig Crawford said...

It was "time" for a new clock alarm. Good choice.

Teri said...

I hate when timeless pieces of technology die. They don't make them like they used to.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Forget about the clock, how are you gonna replace those Snoopy stickers?

Bob said...

It's time has come and gone.

Somewhere I have an old Sony Dream Machine. I hate alarm clocks, I use my cellphones alarm.

Annie said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Coffeypot said...

RIP Dream Machine. You served them proudly.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me not thinking this through clearly, but this seems to be an obit for a mechanical device that is designed to interrupt your peace and quiet.

My own personal Interuption Device has been a pain in the ass since the late 70's (Sears brand). It has annoyed me faithfully for almost 30 years. I dread to think what might happen if I had to operate an entire new array of shut-off buttons, in the dark and mostly asleep.

Anonymous said...

I had one! It malfunctioned.....I was late...... I JIM SMASHED it into a million pieces!!! That was years ago....I have a different kind,but some-what like yer new one now...there is no such thing as a "good alarm clock" Just a relaible one that should be counting the minutes until we no longer need it...can you say Office Space FAX machine??

Lynda said...

I think you need to vaccuum around Tim's nightstand.

Zed said...

I hope it rests forever in peace in Sony Dream Machine Heaven. It's where all the good clock alarms go.

Moderator said...

I have a weird connection with my Jewel/Osco grocery discount card. They started issuing them in 1991 and that's when I got mine. I've had the same card ever since. It's seen many different wallets, pants and it's been through the wash a million times. It doesn't work very well and the clerks often have to type in the numbers. I could get a new one for free, but then a small part of me would die.

Mel said...

I have been telling everyone how dangerous Vacumning can be!! Another victim??? When will it end? OH the humanity!