Tuesday, August 14, 2007

my toast fell













Yesterday I went to breakfast with my husband
now... just so you have a visual,
this is what the waiter looked like..















the waiter brings us the food
he places my plate in front of me
- one of the pieces of toast in teetering dangerously
on the edge
and before I could save it... it somersaults
over the side
and landed on the filth infested floor

I looked down with sadness
then I did what most people would do
I looked to my husband and said "FUCK!"

now.. the waiter is standing there pouring coffee and he says...
"such language"

*I think to myself.... first off pally, I wasn't talking to you
and secondly I don't value your opinion so fuck off ..

third... you should really concentrate more on taking care of that uni brow

rather than what I have to say

fourth,
you're a shitty waiter.


I looked at him and said..
"I dropped my toast
and that provoked profanity"

he replies "oh I'll get you more toast"
then he walks away.. never to return

He didn't bring me more toast - that lying son of a bitch

I was tempted to tip the entire table over when we were
done eating, then jump up and down in the middle of the restaurant
and yell fuck a few times..

but I refrained.


*this has been another fascinating post from casual slack

24 comments:

Teri said...

I think you have a black clowd hanging over your head AND

you need anger management classes.





you're welcome

Teri said...

I'll bring you more toast. what kind of jelly do you want?

Jen said...

I like black berry

but I'll take grape...

Coffeypot said...

This goes along with my post today about praying at work - not that I do, mind you. Uh! Work, that is. Paying? Well, when I play the lottery...

Moderator said...

I think this would make a nice installment for the "Dullest Story Ever Told" series.

What kind of toast was it? For years I always ordered "Texas" or "Greek" toast. Recently, I've begun ordering "wheat" toast and it freaks my wife out.

Anonymous said...

"such language"... hahahhaaa. Personally, Jen, you showed great restraint, in spite of your "pig latin".
I hope you didn't tip him.

Anonymous said...

Btw, "clowd".... hahahaaaa!!! Have another beer, Teri.

Just Dave said...

I hope you tipped Liarboy 4 cents. If you leave no tip, they think you forgot. 4 cents, like a horse's head in bed, sends a message.

Superwoman said...

WOW, all that over toast.

Teri said...

yeah, Dick, I thought that word looked funny.



hahahahaha

Bob said...

You should bomb that place. That will teach the lying bastard.

Mel said...

Nothing but NOTHING angers me more than bad service at an eating establishment. And I am a pretty mellow gal, so I understand your pain completely.

Teri if you are taking orders, I'll have wheat toast with sugar free strawberry jam :)

Thanks so much.

Teri said...

coming right up, Mel.

would you like some tea or coffee with the toast?

Zed said...

Teri, maybe you were thinking "clown"? You know, as in having "a black clown hanging over your head"? On the other hand, maybe not. :)

I agree, Jen needs anger management classes. After this incident, I'm terrified of her.

Anonymous said...

Shoulda flipped the fuckin table!

Anonymous said...

For the dullest story ever told, it sure generated a lot of comments.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Did you leave a tip in the form of a note that said "Bring me some more fucking toast like you promised next time"?

Ed & Jeanne said...

Did you leave a tip in the form of a note that said "Bring me some more fucking toast like you promised next time"?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if anybody orders mint jelly for their toast when they go out to eat for breakfast. Or when they order a PB&J, do they ask for mint jelly. I've always been curious how it tastes but am afraid to try it...

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I like you Jen.

Jen said...

I like you too
=)

Lynda said...

My husband and I had a bad restaurant experience where we left a 1 cent tip. We paid at a cash register.

As we were leaving, I could see the waitress out of the corner of my eye storm to the hostess. She said, "What's wrong with them?"

I hope you left him a penny.

Anonymous said...

Jen used to say that to me. And mean it.

Anonymous said...

.... although, I must say I've always sensed a twinge of jealousy on her part because it's me, not her, embraced in Bill's strong, masculine arms. Well that and the fact that I won't let her borrow this dress...