Saturday, May 06, 2006

2 hours of my life...wasted

I netflixed A Sound Of Thunder
2005
Cast
Ben Kingsley
Edward Burns

When I first saw the preview for this movie
I thought it was going to be great!!!
I love Sci-Fi / Time Travel movies




Then I read all the reviews... Bad... real bad.

But I still had to see it for myself!!!

I just finished watching it & Yes, It was Very Bad.

Plot Outline:
"A Sound of Thunder" is about a game hunter (Burns) who goes on a time-traveling safari owned and operated by Kingsley's character to hunt dinosaurs already predestined to die at the same place and time in the prehistoric era. When he kills a butterfly, he unknowingly sets off a chain reaction that will erase humanity from existence. A team of experts must return back in time and replace the butterfly.


But in the movie...The butterfly would've been killed in a volcano
that erupts right before they head back to the time machine.
So I don't Get It!!! Don't they read this shit
before they make the movie??
I read that it had an $80 million budget... How could it be this bad?

I think it could have been good if only they tried.
It's like they just gave up. The effects were unbelievably bad.
The green screen scenes were actually painful to watch.
Very poor dialog. Numerous holes in the plot.
It was like watching a film students first attempt at sci-fi.

I DEMAND A RE-MAKE!!!

Note to producers: If I run into any of you ...
I will have no choice but to kick you in the balls.
I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice.
You've brought this upon yourself.

7 comments:

Mostskillz said...

LOL - You poor thing.

Nobody should be subjected to such a horrible movie. Not that I've seen it, but my judgement warned me that it would be extremely terrible.

It's a bit sad that a great actor like Ben Kingsley would make such a movie, but hey, I guess actors need to eat too..

Anonymous said...

Sounds of Thunder..

isn't that a Nicloas Cage movie?
From your description of it, it
sounds like one.

Your Girl Friday said...

Hi Jen,

LOVE your blog... found you accidently and discovered we like the same stuff - Fridays, Office Space and all things retro!

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing! Cheers

Anonymous said...

yeah, that movie looked horrible because ben kingsley was in it. all his recent work is beyond horrible.
bloodrayne. need i say more?
yeah it looke horrible. and please no remakes. :D
we have too many already.

2 fools said...

Oh my. Life can be so cruel sometimes. Mostskillz - Ben Kingsley could definitely use a steak, and I totally agree with Jon that it sounds like a Nick Cage movie. Jen, have you ever been subjected to the movie: "CON AIR?" its nothing but shit.
-Angela (Fee Feasible)

Jen said...

Thank you!
=)

I linked
Your girl friday & matthieu

Feel free to link me back on your sites - Links always appreciated.

Love the comments
keep it up!

Joe said...

"So I don't Get It!!! Don't they read this shit before they make the movie??"

I'm in a screenwriters class and I have asked the very same question, more specifically about Basic Instinct 2. HOW?

Well, it's all about making cash...and if there is an audience, they will make it. Many times the film's star is not yet hired during production or worse, the screenplay is not finished.