Thursday, May 04, 2006

lunchbox days

These Are Just Some of The Lunch Boxes I had As A Kid
I know I had more, but I can't remember which ones
These stand out in my memory for some reason.

That was the best part of getting ready for "Back to School"
The Purchase of a the new Lunch Box!
Pacing the store aisle back and forth...
Deciding which one it would be - the vast selection!!
Should I go with Scooby Doo??? or the Dukes of Hazzard???
I just don't know!
My mother would complain...
"JUST PICK ONE!!"

I wish I still had that Muppets Box - Mom sold it at a yard sale.
I can still remember watching the guy who bought it drive away.
I was sad.

- lunch box sites -
site1
site2

What Box Did You Have????
No Way Was it Cooler Than My Muppets Box!

Leave me a comment

8 comments:

Mostskillz said...

The only lunchbox I can remember having was my Buck Rogers lunchbox. It was cool, but instead of a drink thermos, it came with a stupid soup thermos, so I never really used it. I think I had a few others, but the were of the plastic variety, not the cool tin stuff.

HaileySqueek said...

How fun to look at all those lunch boxes! The only lunch box I remember having was a Holly Hobbie lunch box. I was sad that the website didn't have one of those.

Anonymous said...

The thermos made the drinks taste bad..Especially milk
BLAH!!!

Jim said...

Awesome post, Jen!!!
Picking out a new lunch box was even more fun than picking out a halloween costume in a box! I remember having a Lone Ranger, HeMan, Transformers, Star Wars and Thundercats lunchbox. Still have the Transformers and Thundercats! My wife still has her Strawberry Shortcake.

Man, those pics really take me back. I'm going to swipe this topic for JimSmash! :)

Thanks, again, Jen! FUN!

Anonymous said...

I Had Captain Cave Man, Planet of the Apes, Banana Splits, Space 1999!!!

Anonymous said...

I had the empire stirkes back

2 fools said...

I'm sorry, but I have you all beat. I had the best lunchbox there ever was or ever shall be again...
"Donnie & Marie".

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it outta your nasty tasting thermos.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!