Wednesday, May 24, 2006

morning story of horror


the TRASH CAN
This morning I was pulling out
of my driveway headed for work
and I noticed that the garbage can
was still out on the sidewalk
I get out of the truck to go get it.



I pick it up - One hand on the handle and the back of my other
hand lower on the can so
I could push it away from my clothes.
I carry it to the side of the house. I get back in the truck
and head out for work. As I'm driving I notice this smell...
I'm looking around sniffing... sniff... sniff
then I smell the back of my hand
It...it smells like garbage juice / cat piss????
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I immediately go for the bottle of purell I keep in my center console
I poured it all over my hands then proceeded to wipe the steering wheel
and anything else I touched (even though it was the back of my hand that was tainted
Im not taking any chances.) I must have used half the bottle.


I get into the office and furiously soap up
my hands once again then I asked all my
co-workers to smell my arm... In case any got on my clothes
And they did...They didn't smell anything.
I'm Clean.

That was horrifying.



I'd like to thank my husband for not taking in the trash can yesterday.
I know you had a lot of lounging on the couch and talking on the phone to do

Also I would like to thank the neighborhood cat for pissing
on my garbage can.
You have the entire world to piss on...fields of grass... trees... rocks but no.. you went straight for my garbage can.
Thanks... I appreciate it.


The moral of the story?
Never touch the garbage can, pick up by the handles only
ALSO
Always keep Purell in the car.

5 comments:

Moderator said...

The cat probably had a lot of lounging around to do also.

tattytiara said...

I learned that exact same lesson the almost exact same way, except in my case it was a loose bag of garbage that I moved to the curb... those plastic folds can hold a lot of liquid... aargh I feel like washing just remembering it!

Thank you for your sweet comment, by the way!

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious!
LOL Thanks

Anonymous said...

hahahahhaa.
I do have a purell type thing in my car too.
Trust me, id freak out if I smelled, you played that situation well.

Anonymous said...

I am so "pissed' that I didn't get that story ain it's purest frenzied state. On a wood paneling and Commodore 64 backdrop. Damn it!!!