Sunday, November 05, 2006

it's just breakfast

We went to breakfast this morning..
it's the best breakfast around so the place was crowded

so we're standing in the tiny crowded waiting area..
(why do they always make them so small?)
for the 30 minute wait from hell

and the hostess is calling names

John..party of 3...
Jason party of 5...
and so on

THEN she says... "Kristen party of 2 1/2"

and all the people in there - break into laughter
like it was the funniest thing
they had ever heard in their entire life

Then came the comments from the "audience"

"did she just say party of 2 1/2 HA HA HA"

"2 1/2 That's so cute"

"Oh how clever!!"
this banter went on for a while mind you

I cringed with disgust at the lameness of the situation

I'm just standing there thinking to myself
Are theses people fucking kidding me???

I'm guessing these are the same people who enjoy the
comic stylings of Bob Saget... & Jeff Foxworthy

so I look at my husband an say (Loudly)
in an extremely sarcastic tone (if you can imagine that)
"Party of 2 1/2 HAHAHAHA OH HOW FUNNY!!"
"THAT'S JUST GOOD CLEAN COMEDY RIGHT THERE"

Apparently I pissed off the soccer mom
standing to my right
because I got glares for the remainder of my wait
-like I give a shit

this was another fascinating post wasn't it..
I had an uneventful weekend


Anyway
here's our breakfast..

I went with the 3 cheese omelette with wheat toast
(the home fries kicked ass..)
And NO I didn't get pancakes

Tim went with nasty looking eggs benedict..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I... I can't believe you didn't get the pancakes.

Are you out of your mind???

Who are you and what have you done with Jen?!?!

Looks yummy! And I think the 2 1/2 thing is pretty damn retarded, too.

Anonymous said...

I would have laughed at your joke, Jen. Then I'd have had Urethra kick the soccer mom's ass as a lesson to all, that bitch.

Aunt Nora said...

Yeah I'll kick her ass. Ain't no soccer mom I ain't been able to take....
Queen o' the hood, baby!!!

Bob said...

Dumb.

I had pancakes last night, with blueberries. They were good.

Lynda said...

Tim's egg thing does look rather nasty.

Some Guy said...

Before you go criticizing Bob Saget, I recommend you see his performance in "The Aristocrats". It is a far cry from his "Full House" days. But the point you make is valid. Dumbed-down humor is the bane of my existence.

MC said...

Bob Saget outside of family comedy is absolutely filthy...

Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry!!

wonderturtle said...

So. What did the 1/2 look like?

Anonymous said...

Two flew over the benedict...ewww!