Wednesday, November 29, 2006

they really do care

the big tobacco companies really do care..
they care about ME
When I got home today
there was a box in the mail with my name on it...
(Imagine my excitement)

It was from Marlboro
It was a personal ashtray - designed just FOR ME
that's right... just for me

It's okay to be jealous... not everyone
can have a personal horseshoe ashtray...
isn't it stunning!
I'm tempted to take up smoking just so I can
use this gorgeous ashtray

It's a showpiece... a collectible... a family heirloom
and it's mine - Thank you Marlboro

They even included a kind note...
"Happy Birthday from your friends at Marlboro"
They remembered... They remembered my birthday
so what if my birthday was two week ago..
it doesn't matter - it's the thought that counts

Do I smoke? Nope
about 2 years ago, a friend (who smokes like a chimney) gave me all of his miles
>Marlboro use to have "miles" on the side of every pack
you could save them and use them to get free stuff from their catalog<
so I sent them in
and got a nifty weather radio - like this...

And I am still on their mailing list as you can see

I will cherish my horseshoe personal ashtray
for the rest of my life..
or I will throw it in the trash
I haven't decided..

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ebay it! Just don't throw that in the trash! It could be the next Duchamp or Warhol!

Kim said...

We threw ours in the trash. We don't smoke either, and don't know how we got on Marlboro's list.

Smoking BAD.

Anonymous said...

Jen, you've completely turned my attitude around concerning big tabacco.
Thanks!

Scarlet said...

Gee, thats better than .. say.. a torch for a present. bwahahahahahahha

Like who would ever... oh, never mind.

Lynda said...

GAH! A smoking product.

But I think it looks cool. GAAAAH!

I think it would be a nice thing to put teabags in.

Lynda said...

Oh, and I like how the surgeon general's warning is on the box too.

Joe said...

You make Dale Gribble jealous!
.


.



.


.
PS--DG is a chain smokin', Texas livin', government hatin' hick that has a house full of products earned from all his smokin' credits. I'm sure he designed that ashtray!

2 fools said...

HAHAHHAHA OMG That is AWESOME. Just tuck that away in your weed box, it'll come in handy some day. LOL

2 fools said...

I like how Lynda wants to borrow it for teabagging.

Also an excellent idea.