Monday, June 26, 2006

my weekend


We went to a Christening Party
Over the Weekend

Friends of ours had a baby a
few months back.



Needless to say, we skipped the church

festivities and went to the after party.

We walk in & our friend is holding the baby - we walk over to say hi.

Baby looks at me and automatically starts
CRYING!!!

as if the end of the world was drawing near.
I made the baby cry.

Mom looks at me and says - That's so strange
She hasn't cried like that all day!

Yeah... I get that reaction a lot.
I fled the scene quickly... Headed straight for the cooler full of beer.

They have really good parties. They are having another party next week
(I'll try not to make the baby cry this time, I'll let you know if I do)

And that's my weekend.

17 comments:

Lynda said...

Where you pinching the baby when it cried?

Jen said...

lol

No I swear.. no pinching

Anonymous said...

Jen just has that effect on babies...She refused to hold my first born...Who refuses to hold a baby? Even Tim held him

Jen said...

That's why I refused
See what happens

Joe said...

Funny! I visited my buddy last week and he picked up his 18 month old and she started crying...wailing.

He then said, "You hold her...let me check something out."

She immediately stopped crying...like the second I touched her.

He said, "Hmmm, that's interesting." His wife got really defensive and she now barely looks at me when I visit.

Note to wife...I don't want your kid. I like your dog Sparky, but you can keep the kid.

Moderator said...

"Cooler full of beer." The most beautiful four words in the English language.

Anonymous said...

That happens when Joan approaches a child - even when the baby's still in the womb.

Jen said...

... don't tell anyone

Big Pissy said...

jen~don't listen to Mr. Fab.

I'd know if you were a minion of Satan.....living in Hell as I do...

BWOT Editors said...

I hate when babies ruin a good kegger.

Anonymous said...

i wouldve bypassed the mom and baby duo and gone straight to the beer/bar

Anonymous said...

Who refuses to hold a baby? Smart people.

Anonymous said...

Why do people who have kids always think that other people want to hold their kids? I don't get. Some people are kid holders and others are Beer holders. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Annie said...

I agree. Maybe Jen was afraid of getting spit up on and it may have ruined her new silk cami. And that aint no picnic.

Anonymous said...

Annie...Silk Camie? We are talking about Jen..

Anonymous said...

Until a baby is older enough to play XBox, Im not interested.

Annie said...

Ok, maybe it wasn't a cami but that top dollar North Face Shirt that she special ordered would have been soiled and that's not cool.