Friday, June 02, 2006

Why?


A QUESTION I NEED AN ANSWER TO

WHY - FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST
CAN'T The Dunkin Donuts / Tim Hortons People
Understand what TOAST IT DARK MEANS???

We're not curing cancer people
Its a fucking bagel
I want it Dark... DARK as in NOT LIGHT
As in DARK
As in Toast it TWICE
As in Almost Burn It
DEFINITION OF DARK: Of a shade tending toward black in comparison
with other shades. Used of a color.


This is how I order - verbatim
Idiot: Hi Can I Help You?
Me: Hi, can I get an Everything Bagel Toasted Dark
Cream Cheese on the Side.
Idiot: Everything Bagel?
Me: Yeah, DARK
Idiot: Anything Else?
Me: Large Hazelnut Iced - Milk 3 sugars on the light side
Idiot: Milk? 2 Sugars?
Me: THREE .. Hazelnut and can I get that bagel DARK
Idiot: YUP
(Idiot doesn't push any extra buttons NOR,
does Idiot tell the other shit head that's toasting my bagel
to make it dark.)

Idiot: Anything Else?
Me: No
Thank You Have a Great Day

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?!
My BAGEL ISN'T DARK
WTF??

So, Is Stupidity a prerequisite for a job
at coffee joints these days???


I don't UNDERSTAND? Is It Me? Do I Stutter?

I want to jump over the counter
and kick everyones ass. I hate them.

12 comments:

2 fools said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHA! Wait! Wait! I have one. I have an on-going inner feud with the workers at Cafe LaFrance in the lobby of my building. This one lady is SOOOO GOD DAMNED SLOW - and talks like she's high on some crazy dope. It's so bad that once I asked the manager if they put ads up for cashiers in the methadone clinic. He didn't think that was funny...but hey - I said my peace. Now I feel better. Perhaps you should think of a terrible dig to say next time this happens, that maybe they won't even get like: "Ahhh, yes. My bagel isn't toasted dark like I asked...that's okay, don't worry - I know how hard your job is, I wouldn't want you to struggle..." then pat her gently on the head while making a very pathetic face. That should go over well. AHAHAHA! (by the way, should you get into an asskicking debacle at the donut shop, PLEASE invite me...I've got years' worth of pent up donut anger I'd be happy to express with my two feet"

Anonymous said...

why are they so stupid
why why why? I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

i wouldve sucker punched that mofo
i HATE when people mess up my orders
and yeah coffee place teens are such idiots

Scarlet said...

Is it the dangerous caffine levels that make us unstable with moron/employees? NOT ON YOUR PHUKKING LIFE!!.. there is a policy of only hiring morons that fail "Crayons 101" at high school.

Anonymous said...

You better watch what U say or you will find a suprise in your next coffee order

Dale said...

I noticed at the Horton's downtown the other day a sign that said something like 'to maintain our high speed of service we do not accept debit'. It's the slowest moving bunch of effers I've ever seen. My favourite is listening to the ways people incorrectly describe what they're giving back to you -- here's your steamed tea. What?

Anonymous said...

If they keep screwin up your order - why dont you JUST GO IN. Sounds simple to me.

2 fools said...

AHAHAHAHHAHA coffee shop
employee defense fund!
I bet it's the killjoy again!!
impersonating other members
are we? That's brave of you.

Jen said...

I do go in...
But You can't always see what they are doing behind the counter
AND then they wrap it up
and give it to you.

So if there's ten people in line behind me...
I don't want to be like...
"EVERYONE HOLD ON.!!... I NEED TO CHECK MY BAGEL"
And yes sometimes I tell them to toast it again.

But that's not the point...

WHy can't they just toast it DARK
the first time...
That sounds SIMPLE to me.

Anonymous said...

That's the life of Jen

Jen said...

it's so unfair
poor jen

=(

Anonymous said...

They may be not-so-bright, but at least they're making an honest living.