Friday, June 09, 2006

flashback

flashback

I was in kindergarten maybe 1st grade
It was winter. I had my winter jacket & pom pom hat on.
The bus stopped in front of my house.
The bus driver smiled, said bye & have a nice day.
I said bye.
I step down the 1st stair
then the next
as I was about to exit the bus
the DOORS CLOSED
JAMMING ME IN THE MIDDLE
(I made this visual for you)


It started to drive down the street
I was painfully shy as a child and didn't want to make a fuss
So I stood there silently hoping the driver might notice my dilemma

I could see my mother running from my house screaming
the bus eventually stopped
I was okay
The bus driver felt bad
She was a nice lady, I didn't mind

And that's my flashback.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the saddest story i have heard and i thought i heard them all!

Joe said...

How cool...you rode the bus to school like Bart & Lisa! What did you eat b4 bed last night? I had a crazy real dream last night and had cottage cheese b4 bed. If you want to enhance your dream life, try the nutritional supplement gaba powder or pills...very relaxing. Take b4 bed. Do a Google on gaba powder.

I like the word, gaba.
I like your graphic as well..."Stop the damn bus...!"

Anonymous said...

Ah! Now I know how it all began...If you still write your book, "Bitter" that is the perfect opening ...

And Joe...If I were you I would lay off the powder and pills

Anonymous said...

Too bad they didn't have mandatory drug screening for bus drivers back then. You might have been spared all of that.