Thursday, April 03, 2008

13

Thursday Thirteen

You Know You're from
Rhode Island If...

1. You know how to cross 4 lanes of traffic in 5 seconds
2. You've used the expression " not fa nuthin " in conversation.
3. People at work wish you a " Happy St.Joseph's Day!
4. You can curse in Italian.
5. You feel compelled to hear at least one weather report a day.
6. You've slammed on your breaks to discourage a tailgater.
7. There are 24 Dunkin Donuts Shops within 15 minutes of your house.
8. If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have 3
or more different names
9. At the ice cream shop, you call chocolate sprinkles "Jimmies"
10. You think that "party/potty" "God/guard" "law/lore"
and "hot/heart" are examples of homonyms.
11. You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house.
12. You load up on milk and bread before a snowstorm.
13. You know what a "package store" is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am moving to Rhode Island from PA in 10 months.... so I think I can get the hang of all of this!!!!! (esp. since I am originally from NH).

GO Rhode Island!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Is it really an Island? And if there are so many roads, why don't they call it Rhodes Island?

M@ said...

Jimmies. The real Vermonters do that too. I hate that.

Bob said...

Jimmies? WTF?

In Wisconsin they call a drinking fountain a "bubbler". I'm not sure which is stranger.

I've been in some small towns in Iowa that I could buy with what I carry in my pocket, and I rarely have mroe than $10 on me.

Jen said...

alybeth - You have my deepest
condolences!! =)

VE - there's only one road.. It's
a very small state

M@- I love me some jimmies in
my chocolate shake

nobody - We call it a "bubbler"
here too!!!

Annie said...

how sad.
wanna move?