Friday, October 05, 2007

A letter to...

Dear old woman
behind me in line at dunkin donuts this morning..

The girl at the counter said next please..
I heard her

I was going...

You didn't have to start frantically tapping
me on the shoulder and pointing


I was going!!
What the hell do you think I am??
the flash??







Well I'm not..
My sincerest apologies for not sprinting out of line as if
it were the start of the Boston marathon...

I know you want that french cruller








But that 100th of a second extra
you had to wait
isn't gonna make or break you

You need to settle down

thanks

Jen
@ casual slack

14 comments:

Annie said...

You should have elbowed her in the hip!

Those hip fractures can really put a old geezer out for a while ;)

SkylersDad said...

Bitch was behind me when the light turned green this morning!

Jen said...

Bwhahahahha

Bob said...

Slow poke.

Moderator said...

You should have bought all the donuts just to piss her off.

Anonymous said...

To be fair, she might have been dangerously close to overflowing her Depends and in a hurry.

Zed said...

You could have "accidentally" stepped backwards, crushing the toes on both feet. That always works. Not that I've ever done that or anything, or even had such a terrible thought in my head before ...

M@ said...

The other day, I was in traffic near DC waiting for the light to turn green--and this ain't New York City.

As soon as it hits green, I hit the gas in first gear and a horn behind me goes off. Green=Honk.

So I gave him the finger. And he followed me and honked his horn at me some more.

I WAS GOING!

Blue Beak said...

Ah, this would have been Olga. I just read her version of this story on her blog 'Frantic Pedantic'.

The Ferryman said...

Are you SURE you didn't dawdle? :)

Scarlet said...

It is around the time to pay that I take real slow moves and check each pocket.

Anonymous said...

I nearly peed myself reading this

Ed & Jeanne said...

Come on now, group hug....

Lynda said...

You should have ordered all the French cruellers.