Monday, August 14, 2006

I had big plans...

well kids,
I don't have any good stories
about camping
other than my big plans being wrecked

the plan was
2 days camping at the beach
with some friends


we couldn't wait to go - we planned it for weeks

Friday night we packed up all of our gear
loaded up the truck... Saturday morning we got up at 7:30
7:30!!! ON A SATURDAY!!
We finish getting all of our stuff together
and we were ready to go...
just before leaving I said to my husband
Maybe we should call... just to make sure
so he called....
TOTALLY BOOKED
NO SITES AVAILABLE - TRY TOMORROW...
Tomorrow??? What??? No Sites?? I Don't understand???
**sigh**
Okay lets go somewhere else
so we drive to another camp site in RI -
NO SITES AVAILABLE
let's try Connecticut - we go to two more places -
NO SITES AVAILABLE
Fuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
We came home
"we'll try again tomorrow"
And guess what
NO SITES WERE AVAILABLE!!
Apparently everyone In Rhode Island decided
to go camping over the weekend
Life is unfair.

We went on day trips instead!
I'll tell you about them in the next post...

4 comments:

Teri said...

If it was as nice in RI as it was in Philly I can see why everyone was camping. IT WAS FABULOUS WEATHER!!!!

I'm sorry you couldn't find a spot though, that sucks when you everything ready to go.

Anonymous said...

: (

Jen said...

the Weather was amazing!!

it's okay we still had a great weekend
we'll try camping again next week

Teri said...

call ahead, please.