Thursday, August 28, 2008

a conversation

A conversation
which took place
this evening
between my husband and I

Tim: "Hey!!"

Me: "What?"

Tim: "You are not that little girl in the movie -
how many times do I have to tell you that?"

Me: "Huh?"

Tim: "You know what girl.."

Me: "Oh.."

Tim: "Yeah...Go around and PICK UP ALL the GLASSES
of water you've abandoned"

Me: "Yup, BUT they might just save your goddamn ass someday"

Tim: "uhuh.. run along now - don't make me smash you
with a baseball bat..


















okay - so I have a bad habit of leaving glasses
half filled with water all over the house
- it just happens.. I'm thirsty, yet forgetful

but If I remember correctly ..
in that movie
that water saved everybody's ass


so when the aliens come
.. the ones that have a bad reaction to h2O
who's gonna be ready for them? -yeah, that's right!!

pffffffffffft


Swing away Merrill. Merrill... swing away..

7 comments:

alybeth72 said...

I wish I could live invisibly in your house for a day.... just ONE DAY... and I bet I would have enough comic relief to last me for the rest of my days on earth.

SkylersDad said...

I don't do the water glasses, but I do swing a mean bat.

Anonymous said...

My kids do that too! Drives me nuts!


I loooved that movie!

Dr Zibbs said...

The only place I ever leave glasses is on the floor next to my bed. Then, the next night, I put a new one down and place the old one on the heater. Once I counted 12 glasses on the heater.

EJL said...

well I top you.. I run around with tin foil on my head during full moons.

wink wink

but your hubby has a point...the glass thing...ug, it's just as bad as the baby bottles spread throughout the house. too many to count. icky stuff stailing up in them..sigh

M@ said...

Shouldn't that read, "My husband and ME?"

I dunno. I always fuck it up.

Meg said...

That is awesome! I do the same thing. Today when I was cleaning I seriously found 10 glasses randomly over the house that were half full. I clean pretty often, btw.