Thursday, April 05, 2007

13

Thursday Thirteen

I don't go to concerts anymore
I was never a big fan.. It's just not for me..
between the traffic, the cost of the tickets,
Then all the people feel compelled to stand up
blocking my view - I'm 5' 1" ...sit the fuck down!!!

THEN you have to listen to the jerkoffs
standing next to you singing at the top of their lungs...
I don't want to hear YOU sing

But when I was younger..
I attended a concert once in a while..
so here are 13 random concerts
I attended long ago
So don't judge me
I was young and peer pressured
into some of these...


1. Aerosmith with the Black crows - Saw them twice, both times - good
2. KISS - the non make-up years - I went with my brother,
he's a BIG Kiss fan
3. Pat Benetar - I was 15 - I posted about this recently
4. The Eagles - I did a post about this nightmare a while back
5. Crosby, Stills & Nash - It sucked, they played stuff I never heard of..
I wanted to hear the old stuff
6. Alanis Morissette - isn't ironic? don't you think?
7. R.E.M - I was a huge R.E.M. fan in my younger days...
"it's the end of the world as we know it!!!" anyway I was so wasted
I don't remember any of this concert, I remember being in the parking
lot, that's about it.
8. Metallica - 1997 best concert I ever went to.. I had amazing seats
AND I got to meet Jason Newsted (bassist)
9. Bryan Adams - I can't explain why
10. Bon Jovi - I was in 8th grade.. enough said.
11. Weezer - They played at a small club in Providence, I was feeling a bit
claustrophobic so I left half way through... and sat in the lobby to wait for
my friends - instead I sat and watched all the Brown University students
hanging out, trying to act hip and trendy - that was entertaining
12. Def Leppard - all the cool kids were going - so I went too
13. Sheryl Crow - I drank a lot - I remember a little.

and that's my 13
as always - I tag you all

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw #7, my respect for you went up BIGtime.

Jen said...

Hahaha
the fact that I was wasted
or the fact that I liked R.E.M?

Jim said...

Do you recall which album KISS was touring for? Did they sing "Heaven's On Fire"??? WHich year?!!!!!! :)

Jen said...

not sure Jim
but I will
ask my brother

Dale said...

Some nice shows in there. I've been meaning to do a shows I've seen kind of post. On your list, I've only seen R.E.M. but I did it 3 times to make up for it, or was it twice? I was always blasted singing at the top of my tall lungs! :-)

Anonymous said...

You have a strong chronological mind Jen. I felt dizzy thinking back to junior high school.

: sorry about the annon identity. My PC doesn't remember passwords and I get tired of signing in daily.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...my first concert was KISS. It was for the filming of their stupid movie;
KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077788

I saw Leif Garret (he was a teen heart throb back then) in his green MG convertible and we waited forever for the band to get a take at Six Flags.

Anonymous said...

BOTH.

Anonymous said...

Actually, to the commenter who posted above me, at first I was curious why you posted as 'Anonymous'. Then I read to where you went to see Leif Garrett, and I COMPLETELY understand the need for anonymity. I myself saw The Bangles in the later 80's, so I can identify with the shame...

Anonymous said...

..... to this day I don't like to bring it up. I'm believing that what's shared here stays here...

Moderator said...

I was one of those Brown University students. I remember seeing you.

Jen said...

Dick.. did you walk like an egyptian?

you did.. didn't you

I know you did

Bob said...

Probably a good thing you never saw Great White.

Anonymous said...

Oh sure. Go ahead. Rub it in.

Mel said...

I liked the bangles!! But then again I am pretty lame. I am jealous of the REM and Weezer concerts. My biggest shame...well it a tie, I saw the Osmonds and Barry Manilow. Please dont hate me.

Jen said...

definitely a good thing
that I never saw great white!!