Monday, May 15, 2006

the card


click on pics for larger view

My husband got this birthday card
from his parents last week.
He hasn't talked to them in over a year
for reasons that are too numerous to list.
It was only 2 days late this year...
Usually he gets the card a week after his birthday.

Resistance is Futile?
Whatever.




I have this sneaking suspicion that this card was negatively
directed at me in some way. ( Notice the underlining )

I don't get birthday cards from my inlaws.
They dislike me.
I know... I can't believe it either!
They bought me a birthday present once.
It was a flashlight.

They bought me a fucking flashlight for my birthday.

Ummmm thanks.

10 comments:

Annie said...

Jen,
Maybe your inlaws thought you needed to find your way through your life of darkness.

Jen said...

HAHAHAHAH!!!

Moderator said...

It's weird. I'd bought him the exact same card and said the exact same thing. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Wa1it! Ive got it!

I was Prof. Plum, in the billard room, with the flashlight!

Anonymous said...

They went to New Hampshire...
Screw Them!!!!

Jen said...

Right On!!

Anonymous said...

Do they work for the Government?

Jen said...

HAA!
no, but they should

Then there could be yet another reason to dislike them!

2 fools said...

Dear Mom:

Thank you for the thoughtful birthday card (even though it was 2 days later).

I feel really bad about that phone you have that doesn't dial out, but don't worry, keep sending the "You're the Fucking Blacksheep" cards and I'll be sure to call soon.

Love ya!
Timmy

Joe said...

Hey there Jen...
WOW...that was one of your funniest posts, the flashlight reflection! They sent me a &%$& flashlight!"

I am still laughing girl...not at you of course, but your post...it was sooo funny.

My M's Day was horrible. It was a blend of accumulated issues I have with my dad that are NEVER resolved because they (parents)simply cannot have a conversation beyond what a 10 yo would carry. It's amazing and sad together.

Family relations are...the stuff of comedy. I guess my M's Day post allowed me to vent a little.