Monday, May 08, 2006

I think I was born on the wrong coast...



I live in New England - The Ocean State to be precise
See that tiny little speck next to Connecticut & Massachusetts...

Here Are Some Random Useless Rhode Island Facts:

• Worst Drivers In America. Well next to Massachusetts of course.
Some may refer to Massachusetts drivers as "massholes"

• Home to the World's Largest Termite we call it the "big blue bug"
Exit 19 off I-95 in Providence. It's really nice (sarcasm) Well worth the trip. (sarcasm)

• Clam Cakes - Imagine a donut with no hole, deep fried with clams in it.
uuugggghhhh *GAG*. People eat them like candy here.

• Christopher Walken - Lives on Block Island, He's the coolest. imdb

• Family Guy - is set in the fictional town of Quahog, Rhode Island

• Water Fire - They burn bonfires above the surface of the three polluted rivers that pass through the middle of downtown Providence and play music "from around the world" really loud. They call it an "environmental art installation" All the yuppies migrate down from the east side to sip cappuccino, watch the fires and tell each other how good they look in their $250 jeans. Oh, and then there's the RISD Students trying to out-do each other with their "Artistic Expressions" for instance: painting their faces and reciting lame poetry or going for a swim in the polluted water (I've seen it)
Waterfire is pretty to look at ... but the people that go are not.

• Angry People - Everyone here is usually in a foul mood - all the time.

• Dunkin Donuts - They're EVERYWHERE...literally on every corner.
People are obsessed with it. They even renamed the Providence Civic Center
The Dunkin Donuts Center - aka "the Dunk"



make your own
state license plate
click here



I wish I could move.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Dear fellow Rhode Islander...What about Del's lemonade? The official drink.

And how could you forget Coffee Cabinets (Made with Eclipse Coffee Syrup)? You can't find them anywhere else.

Quahogs, Zeppoles, Caserta Pizza need I say more.

The food is where it's at... How could you forget?

Jen said...

OKay
We got good food.
It's true.

But that's it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the food is GREAT... bitches, please: This is what Rhode Islanders are eating on a regular basis... which by the way is such a low grade of meat that it is only legal in one other state: YEAH you guessed it, NEW YORK.
-Angela (Fee Feasible)

click me

Jen said...

ummmm
I dont eat hot wieners
a.k.a. Gaggers!

no thanks

Anonymous said...

If you dont like Rhode Island, let me remind you of who our governor is (here in California). THE TERMINATOR
I think I totally win for that. :/
Rhode Island seems nice and quaint.

Anonymous said...

RI isn't that bad... sure it has no peer when it comes to state corruption, the taxes are high, and everyone else in the country thinks it is part of NY's Long Island, but RI isn't that bad.

Example: Ever try to get a decent cup of coffee in Ohio?? Cant do it. Cleveland calls itself the "North Coast" how lame! That stupid little lake does not constitute a coast.

Jen Jen, if I could keep my ohio salary and move back to RI, I would.



Note to Matthieu --- RI recently elected an ex felon as the mayor of Providence, and then were surprised when he was charged with racketeering, conspiracy, extortion, witness tampering, and mail fraud.... that has to count for something!

Jen said...

I Warned you About Cleveland Jonny!
Didn't I...
I still can't believe you put it as your first pick.

You should put in for a transfer...
I would.