Monday, July 14, 2008

health update

health update

yeah.. I still feel like shit

I went to the doctor today
she said..

"hmmm
sounds like Lyme disease,
but it might not be..."


someone help me,
please


she gave me some doxycycline and sent me on my way -

I'm going for blood work on friday, kids..she circled just about every
goddamn test on the paperwork
to get to the bottom of my painful mystery disease

so I'm guessing they will need to take about 8-9 pints from my body
I think that's all the blood I have

I might die just from giving blood
pray for me



On a side note:
the
doxycycline label says to avoid the sun
Avoid the Sun??????

can it get much worse?

What the hell am I - a fucking vampire?



15 comments:

Annie said...

Well you had to go... At least you will find out what the hell it is once and for all.
Hope you feel better friend and I will pray for you.

Bob Stein said...

I just read a long, sobering article on Lyme disease in some magazine of my wife's. I'll get you a copy if you want it. The difficulty to diagnose is a very familiar theme. Another is the reluctance of doctors to use enough anti-biotics (sometimes for a *year*) to get you through it.

Bob said...

Holy shit, lyme disease? Seriously?
I hope it's something else, and you kick it's ass.

Get better soon, and stay away from the sun anyway, it's hot you know.

Anonymous said...

We'll all be here when you get back.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Painful? Painful how? Black Widow bite?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I hope you get goos news from the tests. I didn't realize you were sick.....

U think you can sit in the shade, just no direct sunlight...

Teri said...

if you need blood transfusions, let us know. I give every so often.

Dr Zibbs said...

Not to be your mom but perhaps you lay off the limes next time? Just a thought

M@ said...

Oh, man, that sucks.

Micgar said...

Jen-Hope you feel better real soon! I also didn't know you were sick. Hope the tests give some answers!

D. Prince said...

That really sucks Jen, hope you feel better soon.

SkylersDad said...

Geeeez, good luck with the tests. I hope they narrow it down to at least an Earth-born virus...

anne altman said...

i had lyme disase. no big deal. until that is, it is. so far i have all my teeth and hair. but it's not friday yet.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

Jen said...

thanks Kids
I love you guys..
you're the best!