Thursday, July 10, 2008

a conversation


so..
I'm at Walmart last night..

I look down at the shopping cart
and there's three cans of pringles lined up perfectly in a row
I look at my husband
His face - beaming with joy & excitement
and he says..

and I quote

I was just gonna by one can..
but then I FOUND THIS!
He whips out a piece of paper from his pocket

with his arm stretched straight out
he holds the paper about 1 inch from my face

and there before me was a coupon for
**brace yourself**


"20¢ OFF"

"WOW!! NO WAYYYYYYY!!!!
TWENTY CENTS! HOLY CHRIST!!!
YOU CAN'T LET THAT KIND OF SAVINGS PASS YOU BY!!
YOU HAD TO GET THREE!"

He replied.. "I know"

I then said...
"so, I notice you didn't ask me If I wanted a certain kind
of Pringles knowing full well..
I don't really like the honey mustard variety.."

"No.."

"Why? Why wouldn't you get one I like"

"I only have a limited time
see.. it says right on the can
limited time
honey mustard"

"I need to eat as many as I can - while I can"

"time is limited"




the end


ps. they ain't that good
just sayin'

17 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

I's is a strictly pure regular pringles eater. And that's all I have to say.

Teri said...

THAT was freakin hysterical.

20 cents? Typical man. Anything for extra fatty, salty foods. Even if they save a penny.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Time IS limited. He's got you there.

I like honey mustard, but HM chips? Sounds...how shall I put this?

BLEAAAAACK.

Yeah, that works.

urp

jimmycity said...

Honey Mustard Pringles?

I feel queasy just typing the words.

Lynda said...

That sounds nasty.

You should have got yourself some, even if you had to pay full price.

Sans Pantaloons said...

Time is mustard
Three row a walmart limited slack
Casual honey in pringles.

Micgar said...

They have honey mustard!? That doesn't sound too good. I know why you are not partial to that variety!

Bob Stein said...

Irony and passion just don't mix.

Anonymous said...

they sound gross

Anonymous said...

Hey, he's not spending money, he's saving money. At least that's what my husband would have told me.

Anonymous said...

20 cents off HM - Sweet!

That's huge....you gots to get on board before you miss other savings!!

Mel said...

LOL I am like that with coupons though! hey 20 cents is 20 cents.

i miss pringles..i limit my potatoes now but even i dont think that sounds good and I would LOVE a reg pringles right now!

M@ said...

Man, you really wear the pants and micromanage that kitchen table budget, whereas brother can't even buy hisself some Pringles now and then.

Jesus.

Sincerely Iowa said...

I only eat regular Pringles... maybe I'd venture into the Sour Cream & Onion ones... but Honey Mustard?

ACK!!

Jen said...

M@- the brother is free to buy them by the case.. he's the cheap one
justifying the 3 can purchase with a 20¢ savings.. for a subpar chip

just sayin'

Amy said...

Thank the good Lord above that you had a coupon AND were there within the time limit!

Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue had you not had the coupon?? It would have been like WWIII or something.

2 fools said...

That was bar-none the funniest post I've ever read. I'm picturing Tim as a five year old with a snotty nose holding out a twenty cent coupon looking about 3 inches big... Oooh, you're such a cold bitch, Darlene. HAHAHA