Friday, July 25, 2008

this just in...

You know what I hate
I Hate Deer Ticks

Fucking Useless - Spawned in Hell
Disease Carrying - Sons of Bitches




LYME DISEASE RESULTS
- POSITIVE FOR EARLY LYME

The first stage of Lyme disease is
called early Lyme disease.
Early Lyme disease usually causes one or more
of the following symptoms that occur days to weeks
after infection:

• Fatigue
• Chills
• Fever
• Headache
• Muscle and joint pain
• Rash
• Stiff neck


yeah.. I had all of this
It was the worst three weeks of my entire life
- I do not recommend getting this disease

So I'll finish taking my medicine -
and hopefully I'll never experience these symptoms again


I did end up getting a rash where it bit me..
It was behind my knee - apparently most people get bit there

So kids,
the moral of the story

If you go in the woods.. or the brush.. or high grass
ALWAYS Look behind your friggin' knees!!!
- because ya never know



the end

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my eyes open next time i'm in Central Park. lol

Miss Alex -

D. Prince said...

Poor Jen! Lyme disease totally fucking sucks!

I'm just happy to hear it's finally been diagnosed because my boss' husband had it and it wasn't and he's never been the same. Ok, that's not a good story.

We live in a forest and there's tons of ticks. My 12 year old took a wee in the forest and noticed an hour later that one was burrowing on his penis! So I hate ticks almost as much as you do.

Hang in there darlin'.
xoxo

Dr Zibbs said...

When I was younger, my mom would always say, "Make sure you check ALL the hair on your body - ALL the hair." Thank God she just gave me the clue and didn't have to use the actual dirty language.

Anonymous said...

at least they found out what was wrong and gave you medicine. luckily that crap won't hang around forever.

get better.

alybeth72 said...

My daughter had it just like you a few years back. She was on the same meds you are.... its been 5 years now and she is fine.... so fingers crossed you will be fine too!

Still sucks though! sorry!

SkylersDad said...

Being the selfless person I am, call em when you need somebody to come over and do a tick check!

Trukindog said...

I HATE TICKS!

"Fucking Useless - Spawned in Hell"
"Disease Carrying - Sons of Bitches"

I couldn't have said it better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, mom. Thanks for, like, totally humiliating me in front of Jen's millions of readers. I owe you...

Jen said...

HAhaha!!!
don't worry D. Prince's son...
your secret shall never
leave this blog

Bob Stein said...

The story I keep hearing about is that you have to take antibiotics for much longer than normally required. (A friend had to take them for a year.) And that many doctors are reluctant to prescribe that much because they get into trouble for over-prescription of antibiotics, which speeds the evolution of drug-resistant germies. So, hope you have an attentive and evolved doctor.

Coffeypot said...

I had rather have crabs than ticks. Crabs are easier to get rid of. Just shave half the pubic area, set fire to the other half and stab the little fuckers when they run out of the fire.

Anonymous said...

Whew. Thanks.

Micgar said...

glad you found out what it was! There are few insects/bugs I kill, but fleas, ticks, flies, roaches and mosquitos are some of them. My rule: if it sucks blood or walks around in shit, kill it!
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD FRIENDS STICK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11