Friday, November 24, 2006

Insanity









So...
I went to Social Security today
to change my name - because they wouldn't
renew my drivers license...

I brought with me the following documents:
• My Drivers License with my married name
• My Birth Certificate
• A copy of my Marriage Certificate
• A copy of my Paycheck
• A Car Registration with both my maiden name
& married name on it


The woman looks at me and says
"I can't use your marriage certificate because it's a copy"
(Of course, I lost my original)

"I can't use your birth certificate - because it was issued to
you when you were born and that doesn't count"
**WHAT?? What the fuck does that even mean?!?!?!?

"And we DO NOT accept car registrations either..."
**...OF COURSE NOT!**

THEN she says
"we need to see a recent document with your maiden name"
**Recent? - I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR SEVEN YEARS!!

she then says - "well do you have any old medical records
or something like a 5th grade report card??"

....OKAY - LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT....
YOU WON'T ACCEPT MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE
OR A CAR REGISTRATION
BUT YOU'LL TAKE A 5th GRADE REPORT CARD???

yes mam...

HAS THE ENTIRE WORLD
GONE MAD??????

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The RI DMV is the most bizzare place on earth. The laws physics and the laws of man, ceases to exist there. What is logical, becomes, illogical. You half expect to see Rod Serling standing outside the DMV talking.

When I got my Ohio License, it took about 10 minutes... didnt have a SS Card or anything besides my RI License and a gas bill. My parents moved to SC and it took them about 10 minutes to get a new licenses as well.

Jen, get out of the state!

Teri said...

sounds like a postal moment.....

do you have a gun handy?

it must be Rhode Island, they're strange. Maybe it's better just to keep your maiden name.

Anonymous said...

Yup... the terrorists have won.

Jen said...

Teri-
Rhode Island is strange
Jon speaks the truth

I hate my maiden name
my married name is much easier
to say.. so I gotta keep it!

Lynda said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Can't you go to the Vermont Social Security office or something. I mean, sounds like the ONE you have in RI (cause it is that small) doesn't know what they are doing.

Bob said...

Wow, that sucks. So, did you see Rod Serling there?

Scarlet said...

The house is burning down and as you run out, you grab a few valuables. The 5th grade report is the most important thing?

Oh, does anyone keep such a thing??