Thursday, March 29, 2007

13

Thursday Thirteen
13 random things
I Hate About My Job


ready.. set... go.

1. The Copy/Fax Machine- I cringe anytime I see someone
go near it.. because I know, any second there will be a question...
"Why is this doing that" "How do I do this?" "Paper Jam?
Paper Jam.. what do I do" - I'm not a fucking copy machine repairman
- FIGURE IT OUT! We're not curing cancer here people
How hard can it be??
2. Location - Shitty part of the city, no good places to get lunch,
and forget sitting outside unless you want to inhale bus fumes and
have nasty men driving shit boxes that need mufflers beep their
horns at you.
Also there's a rather HIGH chance of being attacked by Rats
3. Commute - 30 long minutes.. I used to have a five minute commute
4. Bothering me- I don't even have my jacket off and they start
asking questions.. it's similar to a pack of hyenas swarming in on a
wounded gazelle. I'm not even in my god damn chair yet! BACK OFF!
5. Screen Touchers - I have a flat panel monitor.. And I don't like
when people touch it.. Can't you point at something without touching it??
Is it that difficult? I don't want your nasty finger prints on my screen
- THIS INFURIATES ME
6. Telemarketers - They call my work all day long - fuck off!
7. Thievery- I know you took my stapler
8. Abandonment -People just abandon their shit on my desk
gum wrappers, papers, business cards.. whatever 
9. "It" - "It" refers to the nasty sales woman who works here that smells
I did a guest post at nobody's about this person
10. Smell - there's a disgusting restaurant next door and I swear they
are cooking rotted squirrels and rats.. the smell is nauseating in
the summer if we have the windows open.
11. Paycheck - Graphic design lacks financial reward..
I consider going to college for graphic design the BIGGEST MISTAKE
OF MY LIFE and just like uncle Rico, I wish I could go back in time..
"Uncle Rico: Kip, I reckon... you know a lot about... cyberspace?
You ever come across anything... like time travel?"

12. Email - If a salesman is expecting an email -
I tell them "I will call you when I get it" Yet they all feel compelled to
call me every 30 minutes to ask if I got the email yet
"did you get the email yet??" - no... "did you get the email yet??" - no....
"did you get the email yet??" - no...."did you get the email yet??" - no....
"did you get the email yet??" - NO
13. Phone - Don't use my phone.. you have a phone upstairs.. go use your
phone, you mouth breathing, sweaty handed, germ filled monster.



as usual - I "13 Tag" you all
*this has been yet another fascinating post from casualslack

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

4, 5, 6, 7 & 12 would bother me also..

Anonymous said...

"PC Load letter? What the fuck does that mean?"

Co -workers in general suck, don't they?

Just Dave said...

Sorry, Jen. 98% of the time, I love my job. I can't believe they actually pay me to do it.

Lynda said...

Have you ever looked into freelancing? Or moving to the Silicon Valley?

Moderator said...

I always touch my screen when I read the Casual Slack. But, I don't use my hands is all. Cool?

Jen said...

It's Cool.

DutchBitch said...

OMG! I am SO with you on the copy machine thing. I work with brilliant researchers and it is amazing how stupid they can be when it comes to practical sense...

Lynda said...

Did you get the email yet?

Special K said...

I feel your pain. All 13 pains, in fact.