Monday, March 26, 2007

flashback

Flashback
November
1980
A Tragic Day In History

It was my 7th birthday,
I had a party with all my friends from school.
I don't remember who was there or what I got
but I do remember
receiving this...

The Mork from Ork Action figure
with Eggship

Needless to say.. I was thrilled

I proudly displayed it in my room.
The next day.. I went to school,
I'm sure I must have bragged about my new showpiece
who wouldn't?

I come home from school,
go upstairs to my room..

GONE?
only the egg ship remained

But Where? But Why?

I take a closer look at the eggship and notice
..... bite marks??
NOOOOOOOOOooooo

It was all clear to me now.

I ran frantically through the house
looking in every corner
Praying I would find him in one piece

But I knew in my heart - it was gonna be BAD

Finally I go down to the basement...
and there he was, lying face down on the concrete
all that was missing was the white outline around the body
and the yellow crime scene tape


He was completely chewed
his feet - gone
face & body all bite marks
unrecognizable

Why would Daisy, our pitbull do this to me??
WHY???

It was a tragic day.
A day that will live in infamy.

My parents didn't even buy me a replacement
WTF?


16 comments:

Jim said...

I had that toy, too! One of my first, actually!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

(sorry about losing it)

((....and I'm going to post about this, too!))

Anonymous said...

Bad Doggy! Bad Bad Doggy!

-sj

p.s. While I never had that toy, I did have the Mork From Ork stickers and trading cards. I held them with almost as much zeal as my Happy Days cards. Anyone who was anyone had a Fonzie sticker on their lunch box!

Anonymous said...

Poor Jen! One disappointment after another. I almost cried ..... it's all like a sad Michael Landon script. Hey, if they ever film your biography and make it a movie, they can call it:
Little House In Rhode Island.

Scarlet said...

The dog was framed!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Dog ignores egg and chews robin...

Anonymous said...

... you could be the "Laura"-type character, and Angela could be the "Nellie".

Teri said...

the fact that you had Mork and his egg....bwahahahahahah

Annie said...

Nonu nonu.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I remember my brother and I had this toy, and one got the bright idea to see if the egg ship could actually fly. So we launched it via slingshot, with Mork inside, from the upsatirs window, onto the street below. It actually remained in one piece, until the oncoming car hit it. Mork was no more, his ship, like Humpty Dumpty. Good time.

Lynda said...

So that is why you are a cat person.

Mel said...

hahaha!!! Little House on Rhode Island! hahaha!! SO funny!

I am sorry for your pain Jen. I never had that toy even for a few hours so think how I feel!!!

Anonymous said...

You didn't have that dog put down for that? How forgiving.....I would have dahmerized the bitch!

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

Mork for JEN!

See my blog.

I'm a little late here...but:
In a world so crazy, we can't stop terrorists, crazed gunmen or people jumping from cruise ships, but we can make a difference!

Join the MORK for JEN campaign.

see; http://sayyywhaat.blogspot.com

Joe said...

UPDATE:
Snoopy Snow Cone for Jen!

Make a kid happy!

see; http://sayyywhaat.blogspot.com

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I envy you, all I got was this stupid game.

Again, only child....stupid relatives.