Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a conversation

Okay
So we're at this Mexican Restaurant
in Gloucester, MA
And no.. I didn't go to a seafood place
while I was in Gloucester
I don't like seafood! So Get Off My Back!

Anyway..

We're at the Mexican joint
which had great Salsa by the way...
Here is a conversation that took place
with the waiter

WAITER: "So how was everything?"
ME: "Great"
WAITER: "Are you guys regulars here?"
MY HUSBAND: "No, first time"
WAITER: "Oh, great, where ya from?"
ME: "Rhode Island"
WAITER: "Oh, Rhode Island, are you from Providence?"
ME: "No, about 30 minutes outside Providence"
WAITER: "Oh, are you guys from QUAHOG!?"

*we both look at each other - pause *
*followed by Laughter*

ME: "Yeah, and we drink Pawtucket Patriot Beer Too!!"
*we both laugh.. the waiter smiles*


WAITER: "So you guys do live in QUAHOG?"

*I look at my husband.. he looks at me*
***LONG AWKWARD SILENCE***
*The waiter looks at both of us - confused*


WAITER: "There is such place as QUAHOG, right?"

MY HUSBAND: "No.. it's not a real place"

***MORE..LONG AWKWARD SILENCE***

WAITER: "Oh.."
"Well, have a good night"

*he scampers off*


the end


11 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

He totally did something to your food.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm familiar with Family Guy and even watched a few episodes but I didn't know where they lived.

That is freakin hysterical. Dude, why don't you make sure the place is REAL before you mention it????

ahahahahahah

Anonymous said...

BTW, how can you be a vegetarian and not like seafood? That's just crazy!

The Wife O Riley said...

You should have told him you lived in Springfield next to the Simpsons.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

giggity

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

How sad. There really is a South Park here in Colorado.

M@ said...

There isn't?

Annie said...

You want to know what is really cool?
I actually knew what you were talking about in this post. A nice change of pace for me. :)

Think Extraordinary said...

Hello there,

Nice blog ! really liked it and I really like to read your blog and thought you might be interested in my blog (Beautiful World) My site provides Something beautiful can really help Tips for makeup,blog posts,health blog Interesting Stuffs,Personal Development,Lifestyle,Weird,People,Skills Beautiful Illusions in this world. The reason I thought you might like it is because I regularly post related articles accompanied by great photos.I would like to do link exchange with ya blog .... if you thinks its suits for your blog let me know by email ...

If you like my site I wondered whether you might consider linking to it from your blogroll, I would of course be willing to return the favor.

My Blog is Beautiful World -this was my Url (http://somethinbeautiful.blogspot.com/)


Thx in Advance
Beautiful World

Trukindog said...

Lois is smokin hot...for a cartoon.

Dale said...

I was going to but it looks like I was beaten to the giggidy.