Wednesday, September 17, 2008

just some pics

We went to Salem, MA
founded in 1626
Famous for The Salem Witch Trials of 1692..

"a culturally diverse population, a rich maritime heritage, an impressive
display of historic architecture and amazing stories that span almost four centuries."


I see dead people

Since we've already been to Salem A bunch of times..
we decided to check out
"Gloucester"
(about 30 minutes away)

- Correct New England pronunciation -
"GLOSTA"

Gloucester is where fish sticks come from
I have proof
see..


It's like that movie...

"The fog's just lifting. Throw off your bow line; throw off your stern.
You head out to South channel, past Rocky Neck, Ten Pound Island.
Past Niles Pond where I skated as a kid. Blow your air-horn
and throw a wave to the lighthouse keeper's kid on Thatcher Island.
Then the birds show up: black backs, herring gulls, big dump ducks.
The sun hits ya - head North. Open up to 12 - steamin' now.
The guys are busy; you're in charge. Ya know what?
You're a goddam swordboat captain! Is there any thing better in the world?"
- Clooney - The Perfect Storm


"They that go down to the sea in ships"

I'm not gonna lie - It's a really nice town
BUT the entire town
smells like a bad fish stick

just sayin'

LOOK! a flintstones table!

I would have taken more pics
but my battery died
I hate when that happens..


5 comments:

Micgar said...

Nice pics! I think I see an orb in the graveyard photo. Nah just kidding!

Dr Zibbs said...

The elusive Fish Stick. I almost caught one THIS BIG one time but it got away.

Anonymous said...

We have a few Gloucester's in Jersey but we don't pronounce them that way.

Great pics. I hate when the battery dies, too. Frustrating.

Moderator said...

I've been to Gloucester twice. But never to Salem. It's too spooky.

Annie said...

Cool, did you sit at the Flintstones table and gnaw on great big fleshy bones?