Sunday, July 23, 2006

I did it

OKay, I Did it. I took advice from
Tim, Ann, & Kim

they all said...
"Why Don't You Just Make Your Own Iced Coffee?"

Tim read my post last week about
my morning coffee sucking.

When he got home from work Friday
he brewed 2 pots of coffee and put it in the fridge.

I was hesitant.

He was drinking a huge cup of it...
& asked me if I wanted a taste.

I guess I'll try it.


3 cups later... wired & jittery
I decided that this was a fine idea!!
& I shall make my own iced coffee
from this day forward!


**Tim even said he'd make it for me all the time**
(because I'm too lazy to do it myself - he's the greatest & I love him so)

No more getting fucked up orders
I tell myself - Make it light with 2 sugars
and BAM! Light with 2 sugars it is!!

Add some
crushed ice in my favorite Boston Red Sox cup
and I'm ready to go!

Life is good.


But they're still going to screw up my bagel
- And don't say bring my own bagel,
because that's just crazy talk.

8 comments:

Dale said...

Another fun with coffee idea as suggested by my friend Tanya and it's delicious: Pour globs of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk into bottom of large glass, fill 3/4 with hot coffee, add ice and stir until well mixed and cold. A nice yummy after dinner drink. And wiring.

Anonymous said...

Since you are now making your own iced coffee to bring to work with you, why dont you use Bailey's cream in your coffee. That's what I do!! Makes the day so much more interesting.

Annie said...

Congratulations, Jen! I'm very proud of you (even though Tim is the one doing the dirty work).

Try making a simple syrup. O.k. don't get nervous, it's easy. Just add 1/2 cup of water and a 1/2 cup of sugar to a sauce pan(that's just a small pot, heheheh) and bring to a boil. Now you have the perfect sweetener for your iced coffee without the sugar grit. =)

Lynda said...

I have heard of you coffee addicts....

Crazy talk is MAKING your own bagels. hahaha!

Jen said...

I like the grit

Jen said...

Sweetened Condensed Milk?
I just looked it up and only
2 Tbsp contain 130 calories.

Yikes!

But I'm sure it tastes damn good..

Dale said...

Oh, it'll kill you but it makes the dyin' that much more fun.

Jen said...

sounds good!

well... not the lox

lox sound bad